"on a scale from one to philadelphia how good is your jaywalking"
Since I live here. I will cross broad street without thinking
And give give any decenting driver the “you got me fucked up” face
1. If we are measuring self control,
I’m doing pretty good. I’ve gotten through an entire 24 hours without texting you. This makes me miss you. This makes me wonder if you notice.
2. I fall asleep nightly with an unsent, “home/safe” in the text box. I delete it when I wake up, phone in hand. This has been going on for four days.
3. What’s the best thing you are doing today? Are you smiling up to your eyes? Has anything you’ve seen made you
think of me?
4. When you end a sentence on my
name, I always read it as, “Shut the fuck
5. You look pretty today.
6. I’m getting anxious about seeing you.
7. The pictures you posted did not
make my heart drop out of my chest. I always look for pieces of me. You still wear the bracelet.
8. She heard about Philly. She wants to see me. She asked about you, “How is that friend of yours?”
9. I’m still sad about lakes and cabins and adventures that will never happen.
10. I roll down all the windows and sing at the top of my lungs. This reminds me of you & it comforts me when I won’t allow you to do the same with words.”